Boost Your Billing Skills!
Whether you are just starting out with billing or need to brush up on the pertinent points, learn what you need to boost your practice in just half a day!
This class will cover BASIC billing concepts as they relate to insurance claims. It will cover ICD-10 coding, the updated diagnostic coding system and CPT4 coding relevant to the acupuncture practice!
8:00 am registration and breakfast
Front Office Basics: 1st line of defense to denied claims
- Contracting overview
- New payment methodology for the future
- Front desk basics & best practices
- HIPPA and release of information
Insurance & referrals: major payers, billing rules for patients with dual insurance coverage and referrals vs pre-authorizations
- Insurance best practices
- Patient's with dual insurance
- Insurance rules
- Checking eligibility
- Referrals vs pre-auth
11- 12:45 pm
Coding Western Diagnoses: how to code diagnoses for insurance claims
- General CPT coding for acupuncture
- Diagnostic coding: ICD-10 basics
- Case Histories > coding practice
- Claims submission
Instructor Elizabeth Hanka, managing partner of Allied Health Medical Billing Service, will be sharing the latest information about insurance carriers plus great tips and tricks that come from over 25 years in the business of medical billing. Her knowledge of report preparation, proficiency in coding, and tips for best billing practices will enable you to maximize your reimbursements and help your practice run as smoothly as possible.
Earn CEUs If you are a licensed acupuncturist you can receive 4 NCCAOM PDA points (pending) for attending. Please include your state/lic # or NCCAOM # when registering.Register Today
Early Bird Rates Thru 10/3
HOW TO REGISTER
AOMSM Members-All AOMSM members (past and present) have an online account/profile.
- First LOGIN using the email address associated with your membership (to activate the lower member rates and ensure it syncs with your membership record)
- Renew your membership if you are not active. If you pay by credit card you can register for the class immediately after. If you pay by check, you will need to wait until your check clears in order to register at the member rates.
- Once logged in, return to this class page and click REGISTER
- Choose "AOMSM member" and follow the prompts.
If you are unsure of your member status or email address used, please contact us at admin@AOMSM.org
NON Members-Click REGISTER and choose "Non Member" when prompted.
Payment You can pay online via our secure credit card processor or mail us a check. Payment needs to be received prior to the class to hold your spot in the class.
Cancellation Policy: AOMSM MUST receive all cancellations and changes to registrations in writing at admin@AOMSM.org. You may be able to make a substitution; please notify us as soon as possible. Full refunds are given for cancellations received prior to September 29th. Cancellations received between September 30 and October 14th may or may not receive a full refund as we need a certain amount of students for the class to take place. No refund will be given after October 14th.